iPad Pro Need WAV Music Player app that allows me to view sampling rate

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Eric5273, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

I own a small music production company. I have an FTP site where my songwriters can upload their music files in WAV format. I download the music files and listen to them to make sure everything is good. Assuming everything is good, I then rename the files to correspond to the album#/track# and upload them back to the FTP into a different folder for my distributors to access. I also upload every file to my Microsoft OneDrive as a backup copy (just in case).

I have found that Readdle's "Documents" app allows me to do all of this pretty well. It can connect to both OneDrive and the FTP, and has a nice music player I can use to listen to the music files.

The only thing I am unable to do is to see the file properties of the WAV files. My distributors require a 16-bit/48k sampling rate, and sometimes the songwriters forget and submit their music in 44.1k (or even 24-bit), so this is something I need to check.

What would be perfect is a music player (or even some kind of file management tool) that will allow me to use the "Open In" option inside the Documents app and be able to see the file properties for each WAV file.

I realize this is something that would be easier to do on a PC, where I can just view the files in File Manager. But I was hoping to find a way to do this on my iPad Pro.

Can anyone recommend an app that does this? I don't need a complicated audio editing app, just a simple music player would do, but with this one feature.

2. Eric5273 thread starter macrumors 6502a