Need your help guys

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maccurve, Mar 16, 2008.

1. maccurve macrumors newbie

Hi,

I got my new MBP last week(Previos genaration), I just love the screen and everything about it.

But I do face some problems now.

The palm rest area is always warmer, when I did a windows XP install it became very hot, I use the Input remapper and the sam fancontrol to set the fan speed, I keep the default 2500 rpm, still I feel the warm feeling always.

ITs kind of uncomfortable, I am still in the 14 days period, thinking of what to do now.

Other than that I don't have any complain, I don't mind if its too hot under the laptop since I rarely use it on my lap, But this heat in the palm rest area makes my hand wet .

how do you guys manage the heat, or is it some problem with my laptop, but when I see the temp and read every where in the forum , it looks like its under the normal temp.

Now I am totally confused :confused: what to do, I used think pads before I never feel the heat in the palm rest area.

Kindly help me out guys, with you guys input I am going to take my decesion

2. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

I would guess that it's the left palmrest that is getting warm. The hard drive is located directly beneath that area. I would expect the palmrest to warm up a little when doing disk intensive operations like installing Windows or copying a large amount of files. The temp of the palmrest under normal conditions depends on use and the drive itself. Some hard drives run warmer than others. Running your fan faster isn't really going to do much for the hard drive due to it's location. If the temperature bothers you then I would suggest exchanging the machine.

3. maccurve thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly left palm rest , my major worry is, if its like this in all the previous generation MBP, exchanging is not going to help, if i exchage one now, do I get again 14 days trail period? because If I really not satisfied I need to give it back.

typing this from MBP, my palm is getting wet now :(

4. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

A hot palmrest is not normal. A palmrest that gets warm under use is normal. If you purchased the MBP from an US Apple Store then you should get another 14 day trial period beginning the day of the exchange.

5. maccurve thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks for the reply buddy, I will check with the apple store tomm.

btw If the laptop is not connected to power source its just fine, if I connect it , its like heat sink.