Need your help on a intro Flash page.

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Encanto, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Encanto macrumors regular

First of all,I just want to say that you guys are amazing!! Thank you for your help.

My questions is the following, I am fairly new to the world of web desinging but I m getting by. I m trying to use a flash intro then have the index.html page load right after the flash intro ends. Can someone help me out? Thank you for your time.

2. frankblundt macrumors 65816

frankblundt

This is probably not what you were hoping for, but.. don't.
    just don't.
    they're not called 'skip intros' for nothing.

They are, almost universally, pointless, irritating time-wasters that get in the way of the visitors rather than help them, which even if they are there to achieve some 'marketing' purpose, usually fail because (a) the irritation factor outweighs the branding/priming factor (b) most people skip them.

On top of that, you're wasting your highest ranking search engine result page on something that has no content (unless you built the intro in a way that Google etc can access, or you put non-flash alternative content on that page as well).

If you have to have a Flash intro, build into the main index.html page as something that people can watch if they really want, but if they don't, can just get on with reading the copy (to see if this where they actually wanted to be) and browsing the site.

3. Encanto thread starter macrumors regular

You have a very storng point. Thank you and will reconsidering using flash intro. Thanks =)

4. torndownunit macrumors regular

Great post. I can never find the skip button quick enough on these pages.