Need your input on Relationship Break Up (psychology assignment)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Joeytpg, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

Hi guys, I'd love to get your feedback on a university assignment I have.

I'm doing some research on the topic of relationships, specifically on break up/split up relationships.

would you guys care to write down your answer to this 3 questions:

1) What's your biggest FEAR when it comes to a relationship break up that you experienced or are CURRENTLY experiencing?

2) What's your biggest FRUSTRATION when it comes to that situatuation (break up)

3) What WORRIES you the most about breaking up with your partner?

If you have 2 minutes to answer It'd be very helpful.

Please let me know if you're a guy or a gal after answering the questions. (a lot of people don't have gender based nicknames, so I can't figure it out myself sometimes :()

thanks guys! :D

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

1) My last breakup was 9 years ago but from what I remember (I was 15 at the time) I was sad that I wouldn't get to spend "time" with her again. Before and after our relationship we remained very good friends so that was all that could be missed.

2) That nothing I can say will change anything.

3) With my current girlfriend; that the life we planned together won't happen.

I's a guy.
    Hope it helps.

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

1) What's your biggest FEAR when it comes to a relationship break up that you experienced or are CURRENTLY experiencing?

I have realized my greatest fears, because my wife is in her third rehabilitation facility for alcohol. I tried to help her, but there was always the fear of relapse. We have filed for divorce.

2) What's your biggest FRUSTRATION when it comes to that situatuation (sic) (break up)

Seeing someone destroy an otherwise good family life and leave our children and me behind after blowing our savings in the past year.

3) What WORRIES you the most about breaking up with your partner?

Money. Of course, that's a concern for many people. This situation simply exacerbates the problem.

4. Xavier macrumors 68020

1-2) Long distance. And by long, I mean 2 years, at opposite sides of the world. Will be happening in a few months.

3) Never see her again.

I'm a guy

5. Joeytpg thread starter macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

thank you guys.

Keep em coming please, I need as many entries as possible :)

6. Shyfty macrumors member

1) It has been a long time since I've experienced one, but I don't recall feeling fear at all. I felt rejected, but not afraid.

2) My biggest frustration was that the break-up occured due to parental influence, rather than an inherent problem with the relationship.

3) What worries me the most about breaking up with my current partner is that we have built a life over the last six years which neither of us could maintain on our own. It would essentially mean losing everything, in both an emotional sense as well as a financial one.