Need your opinion on a game...

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by creon, Mar 25, 2009.

1. creon macrumors 6502

I have just landed a couple Target gift cards and since they are not to the Apple store , I decided that it is due time for a new Xbox 360 Game.

I am wondering if any of you have played the game Fallout 3?
    I have looked up reviews on Youtube and such yet, still wonder if it is a good enough game to buy?

If there is another game that you love on the 360 platform feel free to throw it out there too!

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

-Creon

2. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Well, what do you like?

And yes on buying Fallout 3, but for the PC. :p

3. evan g macrumors regular

I played it at my friends, and I gotta say: great game! :p I still don't see me buying it for $60, but once its down to $40, it's MINE!

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

It's cheaper on the PC, maybe snag a used one from Gamestop for the 360.

I installed GTA 4 for the PC, there is no comparison to the console versions.. I am assuming Fallout would be the same. Just bought Last Remnant for the PC today (release day today for the PC), we shall see how that is.

Of course its all in the type of system you have too :)

My system
    Intel Core i7
    6GB DDR3
    NVidia GTX 295

It's a beast that has no issues playing anything at the highest settings, however the tree huggers here may not like its high rate of power consumption :p

5. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I do like trees, but i'd much rather hug your system :p

6. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I can't speak for your GPU, but at least your i7 is tree happy, so maybe there's a balance? :) Which brand GPU did you get?

7. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I listed my GPU, I think you need coffee :)

NVidia GTX 295

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Fallout 3 is AMAAAZING. I've played through the main story about 4 times now, and every time has been totally different. Each time I've unlocked side quests that I never thought existed - like this kid that confronts you when you first get into DC that I offed the first few times, then, the last time I played it, I paid attention to what I was 'saying' to him and started a side quest that easily lasted a few extra hours, and made it seem like a totally new game.

9. creon thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, the way you can change your quests on your choices really intrigues me. I have heard a mix bag from a lot of people from this game. Just trying to fish out some good honest opinions.

10. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

I like to watch my buddy play that game. It's entertaining like a movie.

11. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

You hear a mixed bag because the GAME is a mixed bag! It isn't as good as the (paid for) reviews would have you think, but neither is as bad as the haters would tell you.

My thought - if having your choices impact your quests is a surprise to you, you'll love this game.

12. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Same? No - unlike GTA, Fallout 3 was released in a non-abysmal state ... it actually worked on most people's rigs and didn't have documented crashes all over the place.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I was playing it on my Macbook, ran stupidly well considering it's an Apple laptop running a new game. But I've put it off until I get a beasty desktop PC. It is a great game though, plenty to see and do.

14. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I always need coffee, well except for now, I need sleep.

Not the type, but the brand? So is it an ASUS, BFG, PNY, etc.? :)

15. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

It's a totally different experience, the console cannot match the draw distance and pure awesomeness that the PC allows you to see (nor is it as muddy/dark as either console). I never experienced a crash. Of course this is running everything on the highest settings.

Gears of War PC crashed on me once, but that was because my live framework needed to be updated. Once updated all was well. BTW Gears looks night and day different from console to PC.

eVGA

16. pcypert macrumors 6502

I find myself playing other games to be perfectly honest. I want to like it because of the solid design and subtle humor... but I just honestly haven't been able to get in to it as much as others....can't explain it. For example Mirror's Edge pisses me off to no end but I still feel myself drawn back to complete it, I hated the lack of midway checkpoint saves on some missions in GTA4 but still wanted to know what happened and made it through. Fallout is collecting dust right now behind a pile of supposedly lesser games (FEAR2, Vesperia, Prince of Persia, Mirror's Edge, Res5, etc)

Paul

17. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I'm really liking Mirror's Edge allot. I've played about half-way I think. It was worth the wait of getting it on the PC.

I don't have GTAIV, but my friend does and he's been pretty annoyed at its lack of controller support. He found an after market mod that makes the cars handle more realistic though.

Thanks e²Studios. I'm always trying to gauge which brands to trust, as it's never really a constant, at least in the past. I'm going to get another PC soon to handle more rendering, so I'm going to use it as an excuse to get one of the 2xx series nVidias

18. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I've only ever bought BFG or eVGA cards if you want my opinon. All of their high end cards come with lifetime warranties, both companies have had to replace a card for one reason or another and both provided very good customer service (they sent me a card and i sent mine back).

19. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Wow, I didn't know they offered lifetime warranties and I was happy to get a 3 year plan.