Need Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MyiBill, Sep 28, 2013.

1. MyiBill macrumors 6502

Hi, I just got an internship at an ad agency and my first "task" was finding a new illustrator for upcoming projects, they wanted them to be semi local and I came across this website: www.peterbono.net What do you guys think of his work?

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

3. rjkgr macrumors regular

yeah ^^ what that person said! its pretty bad i seen smaller companies with better websites than that

4. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

The web site requires Flash. I think that right there is a bad omen. I'd look elsewhere.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Looks like the illustrator hired out to another company for his website, so I wouldn't criticize him too harshly on the use of flash. True its his, and he's not putting his best foot forward.

If you like his work, call him in.

6. MyiBill thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah Im looking more at just the art work, they wont be designing any websites.

7. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

8. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

It might help if you listed the type of ad agency it is. Some illustrators specialize in cars,food etc..

This guy seems more geared toward other types.

9. MyiBill thread starter macrumors 6502

Will add him to the list thanks.

Honestly Im dont think the people I pick are going to be used right away, I believe they are going to be added to a database and then revisited in the future if something comes up.

10. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Lost of websites require flash. Including mine. Why do you see it as a suitable way to judge somebody's talents?

11. MyMac1976 macrumors 6502

MyMac1976

Because flash on Mac's suck and all right thinking people have moved on ;)

12. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

Because half of Internet users won't be able to see it, maybe? And that's not including people that (wisely) don't have Flash installed or run Flashblockers.

I'm not saying that making Flash websites shows a lack of talent, but it is a really bad web designing decision.

[​IMG]

13. MyMac1976 macrumors 6502

MyMac1976

You understand that not all tablets/phones don't use flash. Both Android devices in my home have flash installed

14. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

So does mine, but the performance is less than adequate. Besides, this is Macrumors - out of the general population the number of people who have Flash installed on their Android device would be pretty small, and designing a website that relies heavily on Flash still cuts out a huge amount of potential viewers.

15. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

The question is what type of content is being consumed by those devices. How much of that 50+% of combined smartphone & tablet use online goes towards Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pandora and other aimless pursuits compared to business and research use vs a Desktop computer?

As for the Illustrator in question. I did not care for the work he did. It seemed more like the kind of joke drawing you get at a carnival than a serious business drawing.

16. MyMac1976 macrumors 6502

MyMac1976

Flash performance is fine on my two droids especially for website stuff. Flash is one of the big reasons my wife has an S3 mini over iPhone I'd imagine she's not unique in that.