Need your opinion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anbshilling, Aug 24, 2008.

1. anbshilling macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 3g 8gb. Right now, I have 4.42g audio, 2.3g pics, 268g other and 2.4g free space. I've only had it a couple weeks. Will I regret not getting a 16gb?? I'm concerned about the amount of space I have left. It doesn't seem to be very much. I'm pretty new at this, so any advice is appreciated.

TIA!!

2. DaveOZ macrumors regular

Whatever space you have you will fill it. My 16gb is full. I would not bother upgrading, just means you have to manage your data by adding/removing music and movies more often.

3. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Get the 16g if you still can. It would also help on space if you get rid of all the apps that you dont use. I had the same problem i had all these apps that i never used like ebay and check please and countless others and it freed up a bit of space. If it hasnt been 30 days return it to at&t and upgrade.

4. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Get the 16GB. I bought an 8GB first gen last year (after the 16B was out), and have regretted not having enough space. Plus it's only $100 for an additional 8GB. Total, it's less than I paid for the 8GB last year. :eek:

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You can never be too rich, too thin, too good looking or have too much memory.

6. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

download the app Simplify Media...if you do start running of memory, you can take some music off and can wireless access them through ur computer as long as your computer is on (sleeping or awake) and has the app open. Its a good system and an update will make it better, but get it quick in the app store! its free for a limited time!

7. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

like posted above, no matter how much room you have, you could always need more.

my 1st gen iPhone was 8GB and I got that after having a 16GB Touch for awhile and it seemed at first like 8GB was to small. i quickly learned to adapt and make smart playlists and ended up actually liking manipulating my library to get what i want onto my iPhone. the limited space forced me to be more choosey and i ended up listening to stuff in my library that i hadn't for a long time. because of that limitation, i learned to really love making playlists.

but, that being said, i did end up getting a 16GB 3G. if there was a white 8GB i probably would have just gotten that because i really wanted that color. it is nice having that extra space, but, i understand completely not wanting to spend the extra $100. i had a nice little stash of cash saved up so i figured i'd go large. selling my first gen for $300 helped out to...

i say, if its the kind of thing that will gnaw at you from the inside, and for the next 2 years you'll be kicking yourself for not getting the 16GB, then return it if you are still in the 30 day window. but, if its only a question of space and you'd like to hold on to that $100, you'll be fine with the 8GB. just take some time to make some playlists and swap them out often.

also, the app Simplify is great. It's free and lets you sync your entire iTunes library to you iPhone. it turns 8 or 16 GBs into unlimited GBs.