Need youtube video in a slide

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hlr element, Jan 12, 2009.

1. hlr element macrumors member

Hey guys, i really really need this... I have a presentation tomorrow... which we found out was due then today... teacher was sick and blamed us for not being ready, but whatever. I just need to get this done and it's finished. I need to get a video to use but our school blocks youtube, so how can i get it in a slide on keynote? thanks for the help

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Go somewhere that isn't on your school's network and...

Hey, wait. Do you know the URL? Download Tooble, copy the URL into it, and it will download the video in question for you.

3. hlr element thread starter macrumors member

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Really?! It did? Cool! :p

That's interesting; they're blocking browser-based access to the site, but not other-application-based access to its resources...

5. hlr element thread starter macrumors member

o lol, no, see i'm at home now, just i need the video for the presentation tomorrow and i can't go online to youtube there so a link wouldn't have worked, so i just got the vid into a slide, with your help... i wonder though, if me and a friend... theoretically... put a wireless router into the computer lab, would the normal sites still be blocked? I wonder just if they blocked from a router or from somewhere else some how.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You would have to put the router in-between the main fiber optic cable line-in to the university servers to go around the block, and the disconnect of the main Internet line is something they are SURE to notice. :D

Unless, of course, you're having this router connect to a network that is NOT administrated by the school.

For example, you could find the Wi-Fi network at someone's house and have your router connect to that network to extend its range and thereby allow you access to blocked sites from within campus grounds... provided both routers are strong enough to traverse the distance and go through any walls that may be in the way, but it is possible.

7. Split98 macrumors newbie