Needed changes for iCal and Adress Bookl

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jaydP, Dec 28, 2008.

1. jaydP macrumors newbie

I am am relatively new returnee to Mac--I quit back in the early '90s and am now back. But it is clear that if Mac is to win over corporate users (and that surely is the way to wider use and ultimate victory over the PC) these two basic programs need work.
    Some initial thoughts if what I want:

iCal
    The display should be able to show part of one month and part of another --i.e. at the moment the last 2 weeks of December and the first 2 of January. Why can't the scroll wheel 'roll' the months up and down?

Address Book
    I have something like 900 contacts in my address book, many of them remembered because of where they work, not because of there last name opr specific title or job. Yes, I do know you can check the book to have the company name displayed in the sort list but that's a slow and painful way of doing it--especially if you have 10 or more contacts working for the same firm and you then have to look at each in turn to discov er who you want.

I would like to be alter the display to show 2-lines of choice: say company above and last/first name below or maybe title below. I could then tell who is who without having to search each entry.
    Ideally the sort function would be expanded to allow one to sort by, first, company and then, last name.

:)

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Obviously we can't make these changes based on your request... but Apple can

You can start here...
    iCal feedback

You can try the support page for Address Book too

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I think this lack of flexible sorting options is one of the big shortcoming of Address Book. I want to use my iPod Touch in my business setting as I need to manage my contact info and keep track of my appointments. I need to look up the customers based on 1) company name and 2) last / fast name.

I hope Apple will add this important and "must-have" function in Address Book.