Needed Extras or Accessories for new MBP???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by basqarl, Feb 29, 2008.

1. basqarl macrumors regular

:confused:

Please help me. What are the necessary extras I will need for my new MBP 17" 200/7200? The only thing(s) I can think of (other than software) are:

-External HDD

-Carrying Case and Sleeve (both?)

-4 gigs (non-Apple) RAM

-Stand for notebook? (Elevator Notebook Stand?)

-Mouse (wireless?)

-Additional cables?

2. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

You don't need anything. If you can't think of any needs that have to be fulfilled, then your laptop alone is enough.

3. basqarl thread starter macrumors regular

:)

You are right. I'm thinking more along the lines of protection (case or sleeve) and external storage, and the mouse (I want a mouse even though the trackpad may be great).

Just....will it come with all the cables, etc., that I need? Also, we have linksys right now.....will I need anything else for my MBP to work with the linksys?

Thanks for your quick reply, though!

4. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

I plan to keep my MBP looking like new. I use an iSkin to protect the keyboard. I use a moshi palmguard to protect the spot where palms are placed and touchpad. I use a radtech screensaverz to keep anything from transferring from the keyboard area to my screen.

You shouldn't need any cables except maybe DVI if you are going to connect it to an external monitor, and an ethernet cable for LAN connection.