Needed feature: Mark iMessages read across all devices

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by HXGuy, Sep 22, 2012.

1. HXGuy macrumors 68000

I like that iMessages appear on all devices and you can write from your iPhone then pick up and continue on your iPad or Mac but what is annoying is that when you receive a message, it gives you notification everywhere (as it should) but if you read them on one device, the others will still show you have unread messages.

Unless I don't have something setup correctly?

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

Sounds like an iCloud issue there. Mine are marked as read and disappear from the lockscreen when I reply on another device.

3. HXGuy thread starter macrumors 68000

Wow really? Hmm I wonder what the issue could be.

Does it matter if the other person is also on iOS 6? Because they aren't. Also, I noticed its not even syncing all my messages...my sister wrote me, it shows up on my iPhone and iPad, I replied on the iPad, then she wrote back and my message did not show up on my iPhone (replied from the iPad).

4. HXGuy thread starter macrumors 68000

I think I found the problem. On my iPad, I only had my Apple ID as the email to receive/send messages from. I added a second email I use and then my phone number automatically appeared as well! Now it lists my phone number and Apple ID email plus a third email I have setup, but I removed the third email to eliminate any potential problems.

5. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

Yup, the problem was the phone number wasn't on the ipad.