needed: simple tutorial on how to display date within label in app.

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by DrBeak1, Oct 15, 2010.

1. DrBeak1 macrumors newbie

Hello All,
    Just wanted to preface this by saying that I'm very new to the programming scene. I've been looking around all day online trying to find instructions, a template, or a video tutorial on how to display the current date within a label (or any other field really) in an app, using xcode. I haven't come up with any luck. I did find one downloaded template but there was no indication as to what code did what or how it was connected to the display objects in interface builder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

jt
    :apple:

Wow, this seems like such a simple thing - maybe I'm wrong? Or maybe it's too simple and you all are like "if you don't get this on your own, you should hang it up." Ha ha!

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Programming is all about finding things out on your own, experimenting, trying things and learning from your mistakes. It's not about copy and pasting from "tutorials". The core skill to programming is taking a larger problem and breaking it down into smaller problems. Once the smaller problems get small enough you can start solving them. So in this I would break it down to: how can I display a string in a UILabel and how can I set a string to the current date. Once I had done that I'd look in the documentation for suitable methods/classes...