Needing Accounts App (UK Version)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BeeS4335, May 2, 2008.

1. BeeS4335 macrumors member

I'm a "switcher" who for years has used Quicken for Windows to manage my home accounts. Does anyone know of a similar product to Quicken or MS Money that will run on a MacBook Air in the UK? I know there's a product called Accountz but frankly the reviews are, in the main, simply dreadful. I'd rather avoid my own homemade spreadsheet solution

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Gnucash is pretty good (and free!) so long as you don't mind running it under X11. There's quite a good guide to running Gnucash on the Mac HERE

You might also find MoneyDance worth a look.

3. lostinmysphere macrumors member

The best one I've found is mini$.

If you want to download it (it is freeware but the homepage seems to have gone offline - apparently it went down 1st May) then grab it here:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/25726/mini$

However, I know that 2.6 is out (I have it) so if you want the latest version PM me and I'll send it to you. I've emailed the developer to enquire whats going on with the homepage.

EDIT: Heard back from the developer. Apparently 2.6 is the final release, and he is no longer supporting 2.6. Therefore its up to you if you want to try it. Personally, I've had zero crashes with 2.6. Macupdate will be updated this weekend with 2.6 but after that there will be no more. I stand by it being the best money manger on the mac platform and its a shame the developer can no longer keep updating it.

4. BeeS4335 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you lostinmysphere. Reviews are good. Sounds just what I need. I take it that UK sterling won't be a problem. I'll PM you.