Needing to install Flight Simulator X with my MacBook - HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pancakeparty, Dec 20, 2008.

1. pancakeparty macrumors newbie

Here is the situation: I have the game Flight Simulator X that I want to install on my PC running Windows XP. However, the PC does not have a DVD drive. I attempted to do it through my MacBook by running it in my DVD drive there and networking it with my computer through file sharing wirelessly. It didn't work. I tried making a disk image on my Mac and transfer it to my desktop and mount it. It didn't work with Daemon Tools. I tried with PowerISO. It didn't work. I tried with Virtual CloneDrive. It didn't work. The file is in .ISO format and all the time it says Windows cannot open it because the file is corrupt.

I have been trying for 6 hours. I am at wit's end. Please help!!!!!!!

2. chscag macrumors 65816

Are you sure you correctly created a disk image from the original of Flight Simulator X? Sounds like you didn't.

You need to RIP the contents of the original FS X disk to an ISO on your Mac and then transfer it to the PC. It may not even work then if the original disk is copy protected.

Why not buy an inexpensive external DVD drive for your PC? That would be the easy way.

Regards.