Needless complications to iOS?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by whtrbt7, Mar 10, 2015.

1. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

There seem to be needless complication to iOS recently. While I appreciate options, I just feel like most of the settings are overwhelming and needlessly complicated. Things such as advertisement settings, privacy settings, restrictions, and the whole iMessage, FaceTime, App Store, iCloud settis just make everything needlessly complicated IMO. Anyone else feeling overwhelmed by what seem like needless settings/choices?

2. C DM, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015

C DM macrumors Westmere

You don't have to use the settings that you don't really are about if you don't want to.

3. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Not overwhelmed but I agree the Settings is overly complicated and needs a clean up. What was good when the OS was simpler does not always make for a good way when it grows. :rolleyes:

4. KALLT macrumors 601

There is room for improvement, but I happen to like the extensive privacy options and granular controls. Apple needs to reorganise these settings better, perhaps start using tabs (would be nice if they would move all app settings to a separate tab to greatly reduce the size of the list).

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Not really. My mom is still on iOS 5 and so when I help her with settings to connect to Bluetooth devices and what not, it's like, "OMG... Where is everything?!" to me because I'm so used to the new stuff at this point.

I mean, sure, there's more stuff to dig through now, but all they really need to implement is a search feature like they do in OS X's System Preferences and it'll be alright. You can't give more customization and then just take it away, especially the privacy stuff.

6. I7guy macrumors G5

And then there is hue and cry for more options and flexibility that would only go in settings.