Needs Stronger magnets in the inductive charging cord

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by lostngone, Apr 25, 2015.

1. lostngone macrumors 65816

lostngone

Not really a big issue but I wish the magnet(s) in the inductive charging cord were a little stronger. It keeps coming undone when I move the watch during charging

2. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

completely agree, this is why I will get a nice stand. My goal was to leave the iPhone on the dresser and the watch bedside. Reason being is because due to my (and societies) bad habit I find myself waking up to check my phone throughout the night, then i tend to spend a few minutes checking games or other unnecessary things for 2am in the morning. So I want my watch next to the bed so I can just look for actually important notifications and just go back to sleep with no games or internet to stay awake for. well last night i tried this, and found myself waking up a bit just to reconnect the charger.

I have a stand being customer made by another forum member and I think this will help a lot

3. ~HavoK macrumors member

~HavoK

I havent gotten my 44 SS Mil yet (June), but Ive seen other posts on the forum that say theres a nigh-invisible piece of plastic film on the charger. Maybe that's causing it to slide around?

4. wepiii macrumors 6502a

Wish it was stronger as well. Not a huge deal, but I bet they change to a stronger magnet at some point