neeed buying advice (iphone)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kofman13, Oct 27, 2016.

1. kofman13 macrumors member

Selling my iphone 6 16 gb and want to upgrade. The two choices I am looking at are the same price: $649
    $649 for iPhone 6S 128 GB
    $649 iPhone 7 32 GB.
    I heard performance isnt such a huge leap from 6S to 7, also both phones have same ram 2 gb. and big space on 6S is nice....plus i already have an official apple iphone 6 battery case that will work with 6S...
    But iPhone 7 is newer and will have more resale value and same price as 6S choice. What do you guys think is the practical choice?

2. Dieego macrumors member

Depends on your needs, is you iPhone memory 6 full? Because if you don't fill up your memory then go for the 7, but if you really think you need a lot of memory go for the 6S.

7 32GB is my advice since is already the double capacity for you.

3. kofman13 thread starter macrumors member

i dont fill my 6 16gb because i simply am afraid of filling up so if i had more space I would use it but i dont know if i honestly would need even 64 or 128, plus i am slowly starting to lean towards 7 32 gb because the resale value next year will be good. you know, for ages i been buying phones and getting like 2 years of use before i wanted to upgrade and then I end up buying the latest, but if i sell and buy every year instead, I am going to be saving money because the one I sell will be worth more since i didnt wait another year, if that makes sense

4. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

I would go to an Apple store or a carrier store and play with the iP7 to make sure you are OK with the new home button and no headphone jack.

If so, I would get the iP7 because of the waterproofing, faster processor and better camera.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'd go with the 7 for the improved camera and battery life over the 6s.

6. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

When you think in terms of available space, it is actually more. Idk the actual number but let's say iOS 10 takes up 4.5GB of space. That means the available space you would have is:

16GB - 4.5GB = 11.5GB

32GB - 4.5GB = 27.5GB

So you would have 2.4 times as much available space with the 32GB model if iOS 10 takes up 4.5GB.