Neep help buying a mac laptop/equipment for producing music?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sasha123, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Sasha123 macrumors newbie

I want to make hip/hop beats. I was looking at the Macbook Pro 13' one for 1300. It has 8 GB , a 2.5GHz Intel Core i5 processor and a 128GB solid-state drive.
    I'll be using garageband, and buying an external motem. I have a keyboard that I'd like to connect but how do I know if it's compatable with this specific macbook, and what cables would I need to connect it and a mic.
    Any advice?Thanks!

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

That would be fine

the computer will do what you want no problems at all. However compatability etc will be down to you to research and find out about, most electronic instruments seen to be plug an play with the right adaptors something like the M-Audio Uno Midi to USB adaptor.

I would suggest you google for a macbook set up of your particular keyboard and see what comes up there is a you tube video for how to set up almost anything these days. Something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czTzqvxTuRg

3. Freqsound macrumors newbie

What keyboard do you have (make and model)? Many keyboards made over the past 5-10 years have a USB port for connecting directly to a computer without any special cabling or interface. Many are also device compliant, meaning they don't need a special driver installed either.