Resolved Nef or raw picture conversion on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by axe9920, Feb 13, 2011.

1. axe9920, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011

axe9920 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am trying to upload photos to facebook or my me.com gallery. I am a week into a two week holiday and have lots of photos I want to upload, but they are all in NEF format.

I can get them onto the iPad using the camera connection kit. I can view them in all their glory using the photos app, but when I upload them to me.com it only sends the jpg thumbnail that is part of the NEF format and looks terrible.

Does anyone know a way to convert them to full size jpegs on the iPad or online (using an iPad friendly service)?

In hindsight I should have made them camera take both jpegs and nef, but it's a bit late for that now :-/

So far my best effort is taking screenshots, cropping the black border that creates off and uploading the result - takes ages though :-(

Thanks in advance :)

2. axe9920 thread starter macrumors newbie

I found an app called Photogene that has no trouble with the NEF files. :)

Very quickly and simple can export them as jpgs. Also has some general editing tools, effects etc.

3. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

Photogene does not work with my D200's NEF files. It did briefly, but now imports them as thumbnails only, and of course, when exporting, only exports up to 8megapixels and my D200 is a 10 megapixel machine.

I still haven't found anything better, though.

4. mentos123, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011

mentos123 macrumors newbie

There are several now

There are several raw converters for iPad now. Try a Google search.