Negative impact of leopard on torrent sites

Discussion in 'macOS' started by benlee, Jun 23, 2007.

1. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

As the inevitable has happened and leopard is starting to pop up on torrent sites I'm wondering what you guys think the negative impact will be for apple (if any). I realize the obvious. Do you think they will go after the original uploaders again?

I for one wont download it. Aside from the fact that it is illegal, if i used this version (which is not complete and probably not secure) for the next 3 months then the complete, , secure version, will lack the wow effect for me.

Thoughts?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I won't use beta OSes, its for developers only. I use computer for work, not for crashing test.

3. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I can't see any real big negative effects. No one with half a brain would pirate a beta OS and use it instead of a final release. Those downloads are just for big Apple fans that aren't developers and can't imagine waiting the 4 more months for the official release.

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I don't see any negatives with it. Sure it'll be buggy n all, but if you're knowledgeable enough to torrent it, I'm sure you'll be knowledgeable enough to know that it's still a beta, thus buggy, and just roll with the punches.

I don't think anyone who would download it would base their decision to buy the final product off of an illegally acquired beta.