Negative Postings

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stockcerts, Jun 25, 2010.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

Is anyone else getting tired of all the negative postings? I just got my new iPhone yesterday and I love it! I like the new design, the performance, improved battery, display, and camera! It's not perfect...there is the issue with the antenna, but overall no regrets.

Get it kind of bugs me that we're all excited about our new phones, and we have to listen/read so much bitching and complaining. Yikes!

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

It will subside in a week.

3. LoganT macrumors 68020

The same thing could be said for the positive postings.

The hate for the iPhone 4 has kind of died down and now it's "I HAVE NO ISSUES IT's PERFECT!". At the end of the day most people don't care.

4. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Yes. Yes, I am.

5. gnortenjones macrumors regular

Right there with ya. I think it's a pretty spectacular phone.

I had the antennae issue, but I decided to get a case (which I decided to do anyhow due to the whole "made entirely of glass" thingy), and the problem not only resolved itself, but I'm now getting reliably STRONGER signals than on my 3g.

I'm very happy with it.

6. Loiterer macrumors member

What about the people complaining about the complainers?

7. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

Love the technology, not the complainers!

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

9. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Absolutely shocked there were no "then don't read it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:" responses.

I figured there'd be one or two threads outlining the issues and people would just add to them but I agree that it's gotten out of hand.

10. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

It is an awesome phone, the only issue I have with the phone is the antenna issue. I had already ordered a bumper so that won't be in issue in a few more days anyway.

People seem to think that Apple products are supposed to be perfect. They aren't, if they were they would have every feature we could ask for, be indestructible, last forever, etc.... we could never afford that perfect phone.

They most certainly are higher quality then the competition. That is what matters.

Sorry, the antenna issue is not a show stopper, people need to stop whining and buy a case. The phone is made out of glass, you need a case anyway.

11. nfl46 macrumors 603

Some people probably don't have problems, but are saying they do to make iPhone 4 look bad. Oh well, Steve has your money now. ;)

12. PecanEater macrumors 6502

PecanEater

The hysteria in this forum seems to feed upon itself. It happens with every new phone. I think the new users get really worked up and think that everything is a major problem. The worst are these panicked/hysterical postings with titles like "Camera Issue!" Almost all of these turn out to be a simple failures to understand some aspect of the software. Why can't people just ask a question in the title of the post?

13. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Nice thread. To the OP, aggie makes some valid points there. It is a forum where a lot of people only visit if they are experiencing problems. Those people will post or complain until their issue gets fixed and then they will go on their merry way. Most of these people will see that they have a problem, google it, and end up here posting their question. Apple gave out at least 1/2 million phones in the last couple days, so there are bound to be issues and since they were all released at once, you're bound to only see all negative threads for a while. There's always 1-2 months out of the year where this happens. The other 10 months it will be back to "normal". To tell you the truth, I'm ready for things to die down. I enjoy helping the occasional person and then having interesting discussions on this forum. Unfortunately that won't happen for at least a few weeks again. Threads drop to the 2nd or 3rd page in about 5 minutes.

14. Built macrumors 68020

WELL SAID. BRAVO!!!

I completely agree. I LOVE my new i4.

The funny thing is that I joined this forum originally when I was buying a Macbook at the end of 2007. If I had listened to all the rants on here, I would never have bought it.

This board attracts some really good people...and some very unhappy, mean-spirited ones, too.