Negative reviews

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Remixen, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Remixen macrumors member

Since the iPod Touch Came out i have seen some good reviews, but mostly the good ones are just commercial.
    EDIT: One who likes the ipot: http://ptech.allthingsd.com/2007092...s-a-beauty-of-a-player-short-on-battery-life/

Now that some reviewers have got some time with it, they have bad conclusions. Heres one of the reviews: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/apple-ipod-touch-8gb-16gb/

1. Bad battery time (worst when compared to the other iPods, and the iPhone)
    2. Bad sound quality, you will find the shuffle having better sound.
    3. Bad screen when compared to the iPhone. (And that is the screens without the negative-black effect)
    4. Limited capacity.
    5. Lack of speaker, iPhone applications, hardware controls.
    6. it takes 17 min to sync a 5gb with music, and 8min with the nano.
    And the conclusion: Don´t buy it.

Apple should have started with a thicker Ipot so they could have included these things, and then when the technology evolved they could have made it thinner (Like they allways have done to the other ipods). And i agree to that

So what do you think?

2. ohio state fan macrumors member

Ppl need to stop comparing the touch with the iPhone. The touch is an AMAZING device for what it is made for, an iPod. That being said I love it go buy it

3. duraace macrumors member

I disagree for the most part. I'm very picky when it comes to gadgets, and this one exceeded my expectations. I have a week 38 Touch, and the screen is flawless. The sound quality noticeably exceeds the quality of my first generation iPod Nano 4 gig. The battery life is good and usable, as I sync a few times a day, which keeps it topped up. What more do I want?
    1. stand alone RSS reader similar to Avantgo
    2. eBook reader
    3. up-dateable calendar.

Perhaps these latter things will come in time. I wish it were more like a PDA, where you could add applications; however, it's easily the coolest device I've ever owned. I quite happy with it. I recored TV show with Elgato EyeTV automatically exported to iTunes in iPhone format, which ends up on the Touch when I sync. Great.

Oh ... and I forgot to mention how impressed I am with Safari on the Touch. Incredible.