Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

btfgus

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2005
Perth, Australia
Friend started his macbook this morning to find there was a negetive like effect on his screen. Everything is effected by this, making it hard to read most things. Repairing permissions had no impact on rectifying this. Any ideas?

Thanks

me_94501

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2003
Friend started his macbook this morning to find there was a negetive like effect on his screen. Everything is effected by this, making it hard to read most things. Repairing permissions had no impact on rectifying this. Any ideas?

Thanks
Sounds like he may have accidentally engaged some Universal Access settings. Have him do the following:

1. Open System Preferences and go to Universal Access prefs..
2. Under the "Seeing" tab, make sure the Display settings are set to "Black on white." "White on black" will invert the screen.

me_94501

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2003
Thanks me,

He just tried it and the settings were already on "Black on white". Any other possibilities?

Hmm.

If possible, set up a new user account and see if it affects that one as well. If it doesn't, you're probably dealing with something with his user account versus a system-wide issue.

My guess is that it's a corrupted preference file or something. That sort of thing can cause all kinds of weirdness.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.