Nehalem MacPro bluetooth issues

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Nik, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Nik macrumors 6502

I picked up a 2.26GHz MacPro last week incl. the Apple Bluetooth keyboard.
    The batteries went from 89% capacity to 75% within a week and the keyboard loses the connection very randomly.

Anybody else got this issue? How can I resolve it?

2. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

Battery capacity looks normal. Are you using lithiums, alkalines or rechargables?

Losing BT connectivity, I can't help with. Keep a record of what is happening and give Apple a call, they may swap it for another unit.

3. CrisMatthews macrumors newbie

I am also seeing random BT disconnection issues. I am using an older style Apple BT keyboard, the one with the clear perspex bottom. At first I thought it was the batteries but even with a fresh set I see it disconnecting sometimes.

I have noticed it's mainly when I have left the machine for a little while. When I come back the no keyboard panel has popped up and I have to re sync the keyboard.

The keyboard in question has been in use for a good few years now, always worked 100% Only with the new MacPro (2.66 Quad) am I seeing this problem.

Not noticed an increase in battery usage though. If it carries on I'm going to ring Apple to see if there is a common problem.

Cheers

Cris.

4. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

5. DevNoull macrumors newbie

I have another bluetooth error. The mighty mouse "stalls" from time to time. Turning Bluetooth off and on again brings the mouse back to life.
    What I read at apples discussion page there are more people with this problem so i assume a softwareproblem with bluetoot and the new mac pros ...

6. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

Getting the same, only twice so far and the same method resolves the issue. I agree a potential software fix is in the works :)

7. BootmanUSA macrumors newbie

Same Issue

Mighty mouse just began to start disappearing....only way to get it working again is restart the PC or put it in sleep mode and start it up again....it's real annoying. Batteries have been replaced and did remove the mouse under BT settings and paired it again.... Something is causing this issue after the most recent updates from apple.