Nehalem memory (in Canada, eh)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by suderman, Mar 17, 2009.

1. suderman macrumors newbie

suderman

Does anyone know a good Canadian memory supplier for the new 2009 Mac Pro?

I'd like to purchase 12GB, but the weak Canadian dollar makes the usual recommendations less appealing (approx $307 CAD shipped from OWC). I checked CanadaRam.com but they don't appear to be selling memory for the new Mac Pro. I'll be purchasing my Mac from the ADC store, so the (official) 12GB upgrade is only $288 CAD.

Am I missing any other obvious options, or is Apple's memory actually the cheapest option? Thanks!

2. gesundheit macrumors member

I think that at the moment, the Apple ADC price is the way to go. If you're having to pay non-discounted prices, then Apple charges $360 Cdn, and OWC starts to look more attractive (in which case you'd prob keep the 6 x 1GB sticks - by the time you've paid to send them to OWC for their $5 per stick rebate, you won't be getting much for them). I'm currently mulling over whether to go with Apple's $322 edu price for 12GB, or OWC. Wait, I'm getting about $325 or so from OWC using UPS Express (the cheaper Fedex rate usually ends up with a $25 "brokerage fee" added on), so at equal prices, for the convenience, I'll def get it straight from Apple.

3. suderman thread starter macrumors newbie

suderman

Strangely, it's looking like Apple memory is a good choice for Canadians when you consider the exchange rate, shipping and the dreaded "brokerage fee" when ordering from American suppliers...

At least hard drives are easy to buy close to home!