Neo Hybrid broke

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ajm222, Oct 14, 2014.

1. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

So I bought a Neo Hybrid from Spigen (through Amazon) at launch and the shell just broke at the weak point around the vibrate toggle switch. I've only removed it about 4 times since I received it, and always very carefully. I remember the same thing happening to another Spigen case I had for my 5. These cases are beautiful but they seem really fragile. I sent an email and will see what they say. I don't expect to hear back anytime soon.

2. Xultar, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014

Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I removed my Neo hybrid multiple times a day. Since I put it on my 6+ 9/19 and mine is still going strong. I haven't had any warping or breakage. I love the case in a fall I'm sure it'd protect well but it adds too much bulk for me.

I guess I got lucky with mine, buttons worked ok from the start though they sent stabilizers anyway. The case looked great andperformed even better, plus I had no defects. I ordered from Amazon on pre-order day & had the case on Tuesday before launch so I had it for my pre-order on 9/19.

3. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Interesting. So I must be unlucky. I'm hoping they respond soon. I expect them to ship a replacement. Will also be interesting to see if they fixed the button issue. But like I said, I'm sure it will be weeks before I hear anything. Which is a shame because I'm using the TPU portion of the case alone while I wait. Thanks for the response.

4. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

They are probably in a hole due to back orders and replacement reauests. Hope they contact you soon.

5. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Yeah, they're definitely way behind. They've sent outseveral emails saying us much.

6. vomhorizon macrumors 6502a

Good luck, I wrote them about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet on my Glass screen protector issues (discussed on this forum). Spigen to me has been a big disappointment of late, and I have been a loyal spigen customer for a few years now.

7. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I remember all of these same issues occurring when the 5 was released. You'd think eventually they'd learn to be prepared for a big release of a new model but I guess not. I actually filed a complaint against them with the BBB back then. It was really bad.

8. alice.c macrumors newbie

Think spigen actually has really diminish in terms of quality....... I am waiting for someone to review this

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1081571316/rhinosheild-crash-guard-slim-impact-bumper-for-iph

looks promising.

9. minimac macrumors member

Any update? Mine just broke the in the same spot as yours last night. I had never removed it and it had not been dropped. I sent them an email looking for a replacement...

10. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope. They're so far behind and I don't expect a response for months, if ever. I might have to chalk it up to a loss and buy something else. Or take it up again with the BBB.

11. Luxceleritas macrumors newbie

Mine broke as well
    In less then two weeks. The product is garbage. spigen has really gone down hill!

12. hokeyplyr48 macrumors member

I've been trying for 4 weeks to get them to even answer my email requesting the bumpers. Emailed 7 times on their website and 3 times on amazon. Got sick of them ignoring me so I opened a claim on amazon. Next day I get the email saying sorry we didn't respond.... Yea no you're not you just got called out by amazon and we're forced into responding.

13. TheRealDamager macrumors 65816

Why are you all removing and reinstalling a case several times a day? I don't get it...

14. rGiskard macrumors 68000

rGiskard

Just got mine from China today. I paid about $7 for it and it is worth maybe $4 at the most. I don't have my 6+ yet but I tried twisting the case and the volume/mute cutouts are an obvious weak point.

I figure I'll sell this POS on ebay with one of the screen protectors I bought. Should at least break even.

15. Luxceleritas macrumors newbie

My case broke while it was on the phone. I wasn't even removing it. I only removed it twice. It's just not made very well.

16. minimac macrumors member

I never removed the case. It snapped while it was sitting on the table. I heard a pop and couldn't figure out what it was until I picked up the phone and saw that it broke by the mute switch.

I ended up filing a claim with Amazon since spigen was non-responsive. Amazon gave me a credit for the full value so I'm moving on. It was ordered from Amazon and fulfilled by spigen if that makes a difference.

My advice would be to avoid this case and avoid spigen in general since they have zero customer support.