Neo Hybrid EX Thickness

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RichardC300, Nov 6, 2012.

1. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Does anybody have the Spigen Neo Hybrid EX case and a Belkin Grip Candy Sheer or Speck CandyShell? If you do, could you please post a picture that compares thickness of the two? Very interested in the Neo Hybrid EX case, but I'm unsure of how thick the bumper is.

2. RichardC300 thread starter macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Or if you could make a thickness comparison of this case and any other case, that'd be great.

3. RichardC300 thread starter macrumors 65816

RichardC300

4. lovetamarav macrumors regular

I'll try and take pictures for you tonight. I have the Neo Hybrid EX satin silver, and a Speck Candyshell. The CandyShell is way thicker. The Neo Hybrid EX is like not even having a bumper on at all. I really love the feel of it.

5. RichardC300 thread starter macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Thank you! I would really appreciate it!

6. RichardC300 thread starter macrumors 65816

RichardC300

7. lovetamarav macrumors regular

Sorry, didn't get a chance last night. Turns out I actually returned the CandyShell, I thought I hung on to it. Kept the FabShell. I can do those comparisons if you want.

8. RichardC300 thread starter macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Yes, please! Any comparison would do. Could you also comment on thickness between the FabShell and CandyShell from whatever you remember, so I can get better idea?

9. lovetamarav macrumors regular

Okay here we go! Sorry the pics aren't the greatest. I really like the FabShell. It's very lightweight and thin. The level of protection is decent. I would say it's slightly thicket than the Neo Hybrid EX, but it may just be the shape of it (square) that makes it feel that way.

[​IMG]
    fabshellspg1 by tamaravphotography, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    fabshellspg by tamaravphotography, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    fabshell1 by tamaravphotography, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    fabshell2 by tamaravphotography, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    neohybrid by tamaravphotography, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    neohybrid1 by tamaravphotography, on Flickr

10. RichardC300 thread starter macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I really appreciate the comparison pictures! Thank you! I may just purchase the Neo Hybrid EX after this. Although, I wish it was thinner, since I read that Spigen did not make the Neo Hybrid EX any thinner than the 4S version to make up for the 5's thickness.

It's not a bad deal, because the screen protectors that come with it cost about 15 bucks.

11. lovetamarav macrumors regular

No problem! I didn't have the 4S version so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I know the thickness does not bother me as it did with some cases. The Neo Hybrid EX is super light and I think it really lets you enjoy the build of the phone while still having some protection.