Neo Hybrid scratched my iP6?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thebigmeowski, Dec 19, 2014.

1. thebigmeowski macrumors newbie

Hey guys! I got myself iPhone 6 for Christmas, it came on Thursday. I thought I was prepared I bought myself a Neo Hybrid case from Spigen, a case that I just adore on my 5.
    Something peculiar happened, I don't know if I just didn't see that straight out of the box or maybe I accidentally did it when putting the case on (it goes on really hard, and somehow it is really poor quality comparing to the version for 5/5s which makes me really sad) but in the end it is now scratched near the Lightning port (HOW?!). I've given it some thought and I wonder if it might be my Belkin lightening cable, but it goes smoothly on my 5... Do you think any of these two is actually possible? I'm very careful with my things, so I take into consideration a simple fact that it just came this way and I just didn't notice it (don't know how though... lol).

Another question, more important: I thought I knew everything about Neo Hybrid, I've read some reviews, but the recent ones suggested that it is a great case and Spigen fixed all the problems with it; do you have similar expectations? The case I got is quite horrible, it does not go on evenly as if it were too small, buttons are responsive, but the case itself when put on the phone looks quite... asymmetrical?
    I was thinking about getting the metal version, but I'm not sure if I want to cope with Spigen, it may be the end of the romance... I've always been a fan of their products, but now... Do you have any cases recommendations? I've been thinking about Verus Iron Shield, it looks gorgeous, but I just don't like the Apple logo cutout. Incipit NGP is quite plain, I would like something more distinct. It's funny how the Neo Hybrid seemed like the best fit, but it just doesn't fit (and possibly scratched my phone?).

2. DaBossIsHere macrumors regular

We need to see the scratch to tell if it was scratched by the case. Post pictures OP.