Neo Hybrid - Slippery?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by imHappy, May 8, 2014.

1. imHappy macrumors regular

Hey guys,

Im about to pull the trigger on this case given that it seems to be my "perfect" case, excellent button feedback, aesthetics, slim yet protective.

However I currently own a UAG case which happens to be slippery to me. My fingers seems to dislike polycarbonate which in turn makes me feel unconfident of holding my uag since it's mostly polycarbonate and therefore slippery.

The polycarbonate on my UAG is matte and I believe it makes slick worse. So is the neo hybrid slippery? is the plastic glossy or matte?

thanks in advance.

2. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

No.

It's matte.

3. jer0803 macrumors newbie

I just got my Neo Hybrid, and it doesn't seem slippery at all.

4. August West macrumors member

I have a Spigen Neo Hybrid and Tough Armor and find the Neo Hybrid much more slippery than the Tough Armor. In fact, I never us the Neo Hybrid for this reason. While the back is textured, the polycarbonate frame that surrounds the sides is not and I always had the feeling the phone was going to slip out of my hand because of lack of texture on the sides. Unfortunate, because I really like everything else about case. Size, button responsiveness, looks are all great.

5. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Might want to get some textured hands.

6. sophiamendezzz1 macrumors regular

the spigen neo hybrid is cool and I noticed on amazon that Verus is coming out with a neo hybrid type case for the Galaxy S5 but the bumper just looks nicer on the Verus case in my opinion. But who knows if they'll have one for the iPhone.

7. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

I just looked up this case because of this discussion. I've been using the Apple leather case and I feel like I could use a change. So I just ordered the Hybrid case on Amazon! Thanks!! :D

8. magilla macrumors regular

In injection molded cases such as this, there's always a mold-release residue on the product coming from the manufacturer, especially but not limited to, TPUs like polycarbonate. Giving a quick wipe down with isopropyl alcohol will go a long way towards removing the mold release and giving it a less "slick" feel. Plus the alcohol won't materially affect the surface of the case.

9. sophiamendezzz1 macrumors regular

you opted for the neo hybrid from spigen? let me know how it works out!

10. imHappy thread starter macrumors regular

Hey guys, great replies, thank you all!

I pushed the trigger a week ago, ill post some pics when the case arrive. Living in Peru so it will def take some time.