Neo Installation Tips?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by snverhallen, Oct 4, 2008.

1. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

Hi there,

I'm going to be receiving my Neo soon, and I know that some people have reported that the Neo installation is at times a bit difficult to get it right.

Does anybody have some good tips on how to avoid ripping the silicone "condom", and to get the silicone to completely cover the bezel.

snverhallen

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

Just go into it knowing that it isn't as simple as just sliding the phone in and you'll be good to go. I just took my time and got the silicon piece how I wanted it and then put the plastic one, start with the button sides first (left and top).

3. snverhallen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did you manage to get all the silicone covered? Or is that pretty much impossible, because from the videos I've seen of the Neo, it seems like it just doesn't stretch out that far; but perhaps they were just bad installations.

snverhallen

4. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

It depends on what you mean by all covered, if you mean did I get the silicon piece all the way up over the chrome bezel that that is no, and you don't want to If the silicon piece went completely over the bezel then when you got the plastic pieces on there would be pretty much no way to guarantee that you wouldn't have any silicon poking out from underneath it. It is cut a little smaller to prevent this problem.

5. Heimlich macrumors member

ya like what he said. Install it at a time when you're completely free, so you dont get frustrated. Alot of people think it should take only a minute but pretend its gonna take at least 15 minutes.
    Well the silicon part is the most important. To make it even all over the place, massage it around the back.
    Uh... for the H frame, button side first. For the i frame, top part first.
    BIG TIP: for the i-frame, don't over-stretch it when you put it around the bottom, thats gonna contribute to it being loose. Mine is not loose.

6. snverhallen thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was reading another forum is this is a tip that I received. I actaully think it might be a a very good idea, what do you guys think? Would this work OK?

snverhallen

7. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Hmm I haven't tried that kind of procedure, I just took my time, like others said gently massage the back part of the silicon so it will be spread and right now it's neatly spread (equally) to all my chrome bezel (all four sides) so I think it's just a matter of how you put it.

The tip that I could give you is when you put on the H- frame, place it on the left side first (with volume button) then make sure that silicon covers the chrome bezel, once set, gently massage the silicon to the right so it will cover the right side. Once it is covered, gently put the other side of the H-frame and make sure you put it gently so the silicon will not be torn (yes this is the hard part lol) Once you've aligned everything, it should look all white on the edges of your phone, no silver (chrome bezel) showing :)

8. dongadrew macrumors member

I got mind yesterday and the installation was kinda pain in the ass, all I gotta say is just take your time and not rush into it.