neo office

bokdol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
VA
just wanted to tell people that neooffice is great. downloaded it for my g4 and it runs great. a but slow but great. it opend all of my excel files and word doc. other then the speed, it's a great alternantive for office. it even opens powerpoint files too.

so other then the speed issue i think people should really look into it as a free alternative to office. also they are working on an intel native version. hope it comes out soon.

http://www.neooffice.org/

edit:
the intel version is out

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
tkidBOSTON said:
Thanks for the heads up but many many people have discussed this already in the forums. A quick search yields numerous results.
Nothing wrong with more eondorsements for a good open source project. :)

applefan

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2003
No. Cal.
The 2.0 Alpha is pretty nice. It gives Mac users the same functionality that Windows and Linux users have with openoffice.org. The database app is a nice addition.

Makosuke

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
applefan said:
The database app is a nice addition.
I was fired up about the potential for a simple AppleWorks-style database app replacement, but sadly the NeoOffice/OOO DB was just too confusing for a novice user to set up easily. I like the concept of it running off a real DB backend, but in pratice it was too much power, not enough ease.

Where have all the "Works"-style databases gone? There's still a market for those things, you know!