NeoGaf

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Dagless, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I tried to register my account with NeoGaf a good, oh, 18 months ago? It was before last years E3 for sure, I think someone made a thread about a game I made and wanted some advice on it. I registered and forgot about it after a week of waiting.
    Just had the rejection email this morning. Yea...
    Does it normally take that long to register with them? And how does it work, does it help if you know anyone on the site and they 'put in a good word' or something?

I'm not too interested in joining now, just wondering for future use.

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Took about 2 months for me to get in. I'm surprised you got rejected, I wonder why? You ya know... are actually in the gaming world :p

3. musr macrumors newbie

I registered in January this year and got approved this week- it looks like they just started approving on Monday and have done a bunch of approvals each night this week so far.

They do approvals by hand once or twice a year I guess. If you search twitter you will see a bunch of folks either cheering or complaining about this week.

Sorry you didn't get approved... I have no idea why so many didn't... did you put anything that looks like obviously fake info, or use a temp email? That's all I can think of, but I don't really know.

edit: I don't know anyone in there and am nobody special.

4. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Try e-mailing one of them, if you can find an e-mail, and just mention you are an indie dev trying to interact with the community. It worked with someone else around here ;) (not me)

5. lakesideflight macrumors newbie

wow I saw this thread and checked my email, and finally got accepted after about 10 months after registering. That's weird you didn't get registered, I just used a university email address.

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

They had some problems last year with registering, I believe. I'd try again. When I signed up a couple of years ago, it was pretty instantaneous

Whatever happened to that game you were making?

7. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea still working on that, probably about 75% finished now.

It doesn't matter so much now. Guess I'll wait until I can get hold of one of their admins or something.

8. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Jimmi, just don't run yourself ragged trying to get a membership. NeoGaf is nothing that special.

9. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

The OT is worth it's internet weight in gold.

10. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

:D