NeoGeo Pocket?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by dKran, Dec 12, 2007.

1. dKran macrumors member

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether a NGP existed, or was in the works. It would be super cool to play Biomotor Unitron or Cardfighters Clash on my iPod.

2. skarje macrumors newbie

Hey, I asked the same question a while back, and it seemed like nobody heard of any work being done on it. Since then i've contacted the guy who made RACE!, a pc/gp32/gp2x/gizmodo neogeo pocket emu, and learned that technically his source should be portable to the iphone/touch. it uses SDL, which i believe is kind of working on the touch (included with the MAME emulator), and the RACE emu was designed for ARM processors running little endian, which the touch is.
    So, i've decided to try and give a swing at porting his source to the touch. Only one, unfortunately large problem: i have very little experience in programming, ahaha.... so this will either take a very long time, or end up not working at all:(

3. dKran thread starter macrumors member

Well good luck man. Very little programming experience is a lot more than i have. Let me know if you get anywhere.