Neohybrid Matte or Otterbox Commuter

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by andrewmon, Apr 3, 2011.

1. andrewmon macrumors newbie

Hey guys -
    I narrowed my choices down to these two. Just need a little more input to make my final decision. Thanks all.

2. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

If it were me I'd pick the neo hybrid matte. Slim, protective, classy, and unique. Better then the commuter IMO, The commuter is more common.

3. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Both cases have the stretching silicone problem. But the Neohybrid Matte has it worst. Also it does not cover the ports unless you buy the separate covers set.

How about the Neo Hybrid EX.

4. MacDaddy08 macrumors regular

MacDaddy08

I just got the Neo Hybrid EX and I love it. I have the Gunmetal one and it looks great, almost looks naked. It comes with front and back films also, although I already had a set on.

I bought it from panicpot.com, they have a TON of popular cases for the iPhone 4 and they're cheaper than most places. You have to wait about 1-2 weeks for your stuff because it comes from China but it's legit. I received my case in about 1 1/2 weeks.

5. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Wow thats an awesome website, never heard about that one, thanks.

6. vachargerfan macrumors regular

I have the Matte and it is a good case..slim, looks great.......BUT it has broken already. The plastic down by where the dock opening is very thin, and very brittle. I broke it one day taking it out of my pocket. I am still using it but just keep that in mind. I have a bit of sag on the back, but you can only tell if you tap on the back of the phone. Not noticeable with the naked eye

7. ShawtyTiger macrumors newbie

I have the matte too. I really like it. I haven't noticed any sagging, but I have already broken one of the outer rings taking it out of my pocket. However, I like the option of switching out rings for different color options. As far as protection, I haven't tried the Otterbox, but I've dropped my phone a few times & haven't gotten as much as a scratch.

Hope this helps & good luck.