NeoOffice and Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JNB, Jan 17, 2008.

1. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

I'm rethinking moving back to NeoOffice after being underwhelmed by Office '08 compared to '04, but found this advisory from neooffice.org regarding some potentially severe issues.

I trust that this will be resolved ultimately, but has anyone experienced any problems with NeoOffice 2.2.2 & OS X 10.5.1 (on a presumably no-haxie machine)?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I've been using NeoOffice with Leopard extensively for work and have had no problems whatsoever. There are a couple annoyances, and the program is a bit slow, but other than that it's been great.

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Downloaded NeoOffice a couple of days ago now,when i downloaded it,it advised me once i installed it to download patch 7 & 8(this is on the download page) and have no issues with it

4. nemex macrumors regular

nemex

I've been using NeoOffice for quite long time in Tiger and after upgrading (Clean Install) to Leopoard and haven't had a problem with NeoOffice. Also has updated NeoOffice with the multiple patches, current one is Patch 8.

The Advisory has more to do with the fact that there are certain application enhancers that do not play fair with Leopard specially if you perform an upgrade from 10.4.X (No clean install, nor archive and install).

Cheers :apple:

5. NeXTLoop macrumors member

NeXTLoop

I've been using NeoOffice since upgrading to Leopard, and I've not had any issues.