NeoOffice for Mac a good choice??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Andras5soul, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Andras5soul macrumors member

I could easily put Office Mac on my new Macbook Pro SR 2.2Ghz laptop BUT I read somewhere that NeoOffice drains much less battery power! IS THIS TRUE??

Office Mac or NeoOffice??? WHich is best for battery???

2. brbubba macrumors 6502

brbubba

I don't know how one could be a battery hog more so than the other unless one was taking up an unusual amount of CPU processing time. I have used both and haven't noticed an appreciable difference in CPU utilization between the two.

In fact, I stopped using NeoOffice because it was too slow for me. I have found that Office is a bit snappier and nicer looking to boot. If you already have a legit copy of office I say use that.

3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I've just recently installed LaTeX and can say without a shadow of a doubt that it produces some of the best looking documents without having run CPU and RAM heavy applications like Office and NeoOffice.

Saying that it might not be the kind of thing that you are interested in.

4. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

We were debating this on another thread about Pages and Word. I think that Word is actually less taxing on the battery than NeoOffice. Everyone will have their own opinion.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=318472

5. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

On Windows, MS Office applications are very resource hungry. I don't know how they compare against NeoOffice though.

6. paulbaker macrumors regular

Mho

I download NeoOffice. Did not like it. It seems like it is a mutant software that is not sure what it wants to be when it grows up. Can't beat the price though.

Oddly enough, I think this is the biggest complaint about iWork,which I do like, but hey, I like anything Jobs is serving up...