NeoOffice, how to get rid of pop-up boxes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BrollicWraith, Mar 14, 2011.

1. BrollicWraith macrumors newbie

These things are frustrating me so much.... I use NeoOffice to take notes in class, and I make a lot of bulleted lists. And every time I click on one, this comes up:

[​IMG]

I've searched through the options, but I can't find a way to turn them off.... anyone know what to do? :confused:

2. datmr macrumors newbie

Not familiar with neooffice, however i know it's an OpenOffice fork.

The current best version of that is LibreOffice which does work on Mac. Basically LibreOffice split off from OpenOffice and looks to be the better product at the moment.

Libre is well supported with its own forums, guides etc (its probably going to the main package now for linux distros); it has more features than Neo too. It just might not however have the same user interface.

Just something if you are really having issues with neooffice due to their lack of support.

3. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

I use NeoOffice 3.1.2, LibreOffice 3.3, IBM Symphony 3.3, and OpenOffice 3.3.

They all function the same way, namely to pop-up the Bullet/List menu. If you want access to it, but without the pop-up, then when it appears, drag it up to the tool bar. It will become another tool bar, but will hide when no list is shown, and when a list is shown, it will appear, but within the toolbar region.

4. datmr macrumors newbie

oddly enough i have found the best place for open office support are the ubuntu forums