NeoOffice

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by novetan, Sep 19, 2010.

1. novetan macrumors 6502

As someone has suggested in another thread using NeoOffice instead of OpenOffice, I'd like to give it a try. Any one can advise which is the reliable source for downloading?

Thanks

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

3. novetan thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I've just downloaded and at first glance it already seems so much better than Open Office.

However, I still don't like the icon folder (doc and spreadsheet) which both are white colour. Of course nothing to do with your recommended link.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

So much better? NeoOffice was developed as a Java-based clone of OpenOffice.org that would run without X11. However, OpenOffice.org is now an Aqua-based MacOS X application which does not require X11. To the user, the current versions of OpenOffice.org and NeoOffice are virtually identical twins. Why do you think that one is prettier than her identical twin sister?

5. novetan thread starter macrumors 6502

I haven't really thoroughly explore yet because I just downloaded Neo Office not too long ago. But so far I just knew that the magnification for either Doc or spreadsheet of Neo Office is much user friendly where I can simply click to different magnification % from the tool bar. For OO, you have to do double action. And this annoy me because I do spread sheet very often and one additional click is not the way to go.

But what is still missing is the "comma" button in spreadsheet for both NO and OO (ie one touch button at the tool bar menu for 4 figure digits and above) without going into format>cell. In this respect, Microsoft Office has it !