Neoprene Case for 15" MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Gryfon19, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Gryfon19 macrumors regular

Anyone have a recommendation where to find a fairly inexpensive neoprene sleeve/case for my new unibody 15" MBP? I've seen them for less than the ones listed on the Apple website, but wanted to know if there is a good place to find variety or whatever. Thanks!

2. Gryfon19 thread starter macrumors regular

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The point is, there are hundreds of posts in dozens of threads about this. Searching before posting reduces duplicate threads and is a forum rule.

4. Gryfon19 thread starter macrumors regular

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's called "trying to help someone learn how the forum works!" Your experience here will be greatly improved if you follow the rules and don't cop an attitude with those who try to help!

From the Forum FAQ:
    From the Forum Rules:

6. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Try ebay or perhaps amazon? They have pretty good discounts..

7. Gryfon19 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for actually paying attention to the post about a "suggestion" and not just posting some search crap. I'm interested in finding one at a low price, but moreso interested in people's feedback/experience with particular cases. Thanks again.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Why waste our time?

If you read any, or all of those threads, you will find the responses you need.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Give the guy a break. :rolleyes: This is THE forum for repeat posts. If you really don't want to see repeat posts, you're in the wrong forum. If you want this forum to be full of original questions, it'll never happen. You probably saw every type of thread imaginable in here after only 2 weeks. After that, it should have been clear that you were only going to see repeat threads.

And look at the title of the thread. If you don't want to help, then don't enter this thread. You knew exactly what you were going to get before reading the thread.

Besides, after posting here for 7 years, I'm actually more tired from the "Search first" posts than I am from repeat threads. :rolleyes: There will always be repeat threads, and it's funny how it's the younger members who complain about repeat posts.

Anyway.....

1. Personally, I would never get a neoprene sleeve. If you actually drop it with the sleeve on, don't expect it to offer any protection. Your laptop will still dent. If anything, try a ZeroShock sleeve made from this foamy material that bounces back when it's hit. They absorb hits like a spring would, and just compress. The force is dispersed very nicely.

2. You'd be paying $20 to $40 for scratch protection. That's it. Isn't there a cheaper way for you to get that sort of protection?

3. If you insist on the wimpy protection, try FoofBag. They're "pretty", although I'm not sure if that's what you want. For all sorts of sleeves, try AppleSac, Mac-Case, Booq, FabrixCases, etc. They ALL have websites, although some are more expensive than others (e.g. Booq and Fabrix Cases). ;) InCase makes decent neoprene cases, but then again, someone recently posted on this forum about being attacked by someone, and when his MBP was dropped, the MBP dented pretty badly. He was using an In-Case sleeve, I think. :eek:

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you paid attention to the thread, you'll see the first complaining was the OP, because I posted a helpful link to search results containing hundreds of answers to the question posed. I didn't offer any commentary... didn't even say "search first". If someone doesn't want help, they shouldn't ask for it, and they shouldn't criticize the answers they get, just because they're too lazy to point and click and read. I DID offer help, but the OP complained because I didn't spoon-feed them the information. That's their problem, not mine.

If you really don't want to see search results posted, or search recommendations, you're in the wrong forum.
    it should have been clear that you were also going to see search recommendations.
    If the OP doesn't want help, they shouldn't start the thread in the first place.
    So did you.
    After 7 years, you should know by now that many who post repetitive threads do so because they're not aware that their answers can be found in existing threads, or they don't know how to search effectively. Criticizing those who offer help, whether single answers, or links to hundreds, is inappropriate.
    And there will always be "search first" recommendations.
    It's usually the younger members who don't know to search first, and start repetitive threads. Probably 95% or more of repetitive threads are started by "newbies" or those with fewer than 200 posts.

The bottom line is, all the OP had to do, if they don't want to read search results, is ignore my first post, which was offered as an honest attempt to be helpful.

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yep, by the same 3 people too. There's always a rash of people who post search links or tell people to search, although they usually disappear after awhile.

Hopefully this happens again soon.

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Don't hold your breath.

13. CitiXen macrumors member

CitiXen

Waste OUR time?! Last I checked these forums were to interact and provoke discussion with people of similar interests in Apple's products. If it's a waste of YOUR time simply don't click the thread title.

That being said, I like the Incase Neoprene sleeves for the MBPs. They are at www.goincase.com and available in the apple store.