NeoTouch vs. RebelTouch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by smirk, Oct 16, 2009.

1. smirk macrumors 6502a

smirk

Hi, I know there have been a lot of questions asking which is a better case between the SwitchEasy NeoTouch and the RebelTouch. I think we can all agree that they are both great cases. I was wondering:

1) Are they both about the same thickness? Do they both add the same amount of bulk to the Touch?

2) The RebelTouch is advertised as being easy to slip in and out of your pocket, probably because the spine is plastic instead of that grippy silicone. What about the NeoTouch? Is it ok going into a pocket or is it kind of a pain?

3) Has anyone regretted buying either of them?

Thanks! I like the looks of the Neo but I guess it doesn't lie flat on a table. If it also doesn't go into a pocket then that would be two strikes against it.

2. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

The Rebel Touch has a more hard, silicon style grip...
    I would go with that one...:cool:

oh and another thing, i see your from orange county, CA and i know this is random.....

so GO ANGELS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORLD SERIES!!!!!:D;)

3. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

The Neotouch is thinner. I've also heard it's quite hard to get on and off. I know from experience the Rebel touch was relatively easy.

Never owned it, can't answer that.

I had the rebel touch and didn't regret it for a second. Good protection, good solid feel, and it looks good too.

Well, none of the cases lie truly flat, as the iPod has a curved back.

4. 101X macrumors member

that is so weird. I just bought a RebelTouch in the devil color. I have to say it is ROCKIN! For looks and protection go with a RebelTouch. For thinness go with NeoTouch. I hope this helped.

5. bdavis89 macrumors regular

6. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

7. mzd macrumors 6502a

i got the neo, my sister has the rebel on her iPhone.
    the neo is thinner. the neo is very easy to get out of your pocket. the neo is a pain to get on the first time, but once it is on, it is on.
    the rebel has a habit of "drooping" on the bottom. the rebel is a silicone back with a plastic "skeleton" frame surrounding it, but the plastic doesn't clip on the bottom so the pressure from the top and sides causes the bottom silicone to droop*.
    this isn't an issue with the neo because the frame is made of a different material.

*many people report this if you search for rebel in the iPhone forums. switcheasy may have addressed this and changed the material in newer versions?

8. smirk thread starter macrumors 6502a

smirk

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your feedback. I ended up ordering the NeoTouch, because to me it looks the sleekest. The RebelTouch looks like a great case but it's a little too crazy for me, what with that skeleton spine and all.

Well, thanks again! I can't wait for it to get here!

P.S. @Leomac08: Yes, Go Angels! :)