Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrpepsi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2002
Oklahoma
I'm new to Mac's and i was wondering if there is some software for burning cd's that is similar to Nero for the PC? For the life of me I can't figure out how to copy a cd on my iMac G4.

Forgive my newbieness.

Mr. Pepsi

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
use the disk copy utility in the applications folder to make a disk image of the one you want to copy and then mount the image to a blank disk...

...otherwise you can try roxio toast...but i heard that isn't compatible with 10.2

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, I know how you feel mrpepsi. Nero rocks on the PC. You can also use itunes if you're burning music cds. Still, the built-in burner program on Mac OS X is much better than the windows XP version.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
NERO for MAC!

NERO is out for Mac and has been for a while now. I like toast better but Nero is cheaper. You can get a trial version of it off the nero site.

I gess its not a very good seller if no one here knew that it exists.

-evildead

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
Originally posted by irmongoose

... yet.

irmongoose

P.S. I also reccomend Toast.. here is the link: http://www.roxio.com/en/products/toast/index.jhtml

what the heck are you talkig about? toast runs just fine with 6c115 on my machine..

i can even send you screenshots... your trouble porbably lies within the pref files, if you upgraded, instead of doing a clean install.. i did a clean install and it works fine..

-f

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
Nero is out for Mac!!! why haven't i heard of it??!!! does it have all the same features? i've gotta check this out!! :D

i just had a look at Nero's site & couldn't see anything about a Mac version. does anyone have a link?

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Now I cant find it....

I dont see it on Neros site anymore! I know they used to have one. I think I have it at home even. I know I took a look at at one time... it could have been beta but I dont remember. Ill have to take a look when I get home from work.. or some time this weekend. Ill report back... unless some one else can clear this up.

-evildead

pbailey

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2002
Iowa
Nero for the Mac

AHEAD Software only released NeroMax for the Mac as an OS 9.X OEM product. You could only receive a copy of NeroMax from selected CD-R manufacturers that bundled it with their burners. I just switched over too a Mac in July and would love to see a native version of Nero on OS 10.2 as well.

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Originally posted by firewire2001

what the heck are you talkig about? toast runs just fine with 6c115 on my machine..

i can even send you screenshots... your trouble porbably lies within the pref files, if you upgraded, instead of doing a clean install.. i did a clean install and it works fine..

-f

Hey, ask Mac15. I'm just assuming. I don't even have Jaguar yet! Hehe.

oops. Sorry. My bad.

irmongoose

BongHits

macrumors regular
May 2, 2002
chicago
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
use the disk copy utility in the applications folder to make a disk image of the one you want to copy and then mount the image to a blank disk...

...otherwise you can try roxio toast...but i heard that isn't compatible with 10.2

glad to have read this...i was all set to purchase toast and 10.2 together at the apple store but now will be recieving a copy of 10.2 only (when is toast expected to become compatible???)

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
i would love to see a 10.2 version of nero released to mac, since its an awesome burning application for windows (no freaking compatibility problems like roxio), and its easy to use :)

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
toast is nero equivilant for the mac, its easy to use, yet it has some compatability issues but if roxio update it , hope they do soon , the toast will domniate once again :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.