Nero for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Enigmafan420, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

I am new to Mac-working on my 2nd mini in just over 1 year.

I LOVE IT-EVERYTHING about it-even though I have a Bootcamp WIN XP partition installed, I RARELY use it.

However, one thing I do use it for is Nero-so far I have found NOTHING that even comes close for OS-X.

I downloaded BURN yesterday to Copy my music CDs (I always put copies in the car, that way if someone feels like they need them more than I do (steals them) I still have the originals). Anyway I read good things about BURN but it does not even come close to Nero-The whole process of having to first "burn" a CD image, and then "burn" the image to a blank is crazy. I realize that NERO is doing exactly that, it is just so seamless I don't have to mess around-put the original in-wait 5-8 minutes, insert a blank and wait an other 5-8 minutes-then DONE. I don't have to "move the image ICON" to the burn box or anything-Literally 3 clicks to copy a CD.

Nothing I have tried for OS-X is even close to this easy to use. Any suggestions?

Any forgive me if asked-I was hoping for some current opinion here.

2. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

I second HLdan's recommendation of Toast, it has excellent features and is simple to use. :)

3. danny_w macrumors 601

4. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Toast is way nicer than the insane bloat-ware that is Nero.

5. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

*reaches for the Marmite*

Did someone say Toast?! ;)

6. yeroen macrumors 6502a

yeroen

Is that like vegemite?

Toast9 is what you want. I also use NTI Dragon Burn for certain tasks which it handles better than Toast (i.e. burning ISO images).

7. Trip.Tucker Guest

I cannot recommend Toast enough, its awesome! Best and first choice for burning on OS X.:D

8. chscag macrumors 68000

It better be good for $99.99! Oh, I forgot, there's a $20.00 rebate for upgrades. (That is if you ever receive the 20 bucks from Roxio.) :mad:

Try "SimplyBurns". It may not be as sophisticated as Toast but for the rest of us who just want to burn CDs and DVDs it's fine. Besides, it's FREE. :D

9. asmallchild macrumors regular

I'm late to the party

but let me throw in another vote for Toast

truly outstanding software

10. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Toast isn't really that bad but it's price and Roxio's horrible support will make me never buy another copy.