nervous about installing Adobe CS5 design suite preimium on my mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sossity, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I have just received this package in the mail of install discs I bought from amazon for my macbook pro, & I have sent off to Adobe for the serial number; I bought the student version.

There are 3 discs, & Googled installation & read some bad things, now I am nervous.

also, I have downloaded & installed the trial versions of CS5 photoshop & illustrator on my mac now.

should I uninstall the downloads & start fresh with my discs? how do I go about this?

I am on a macbook pro 2010 i7 with snowleopard.

2. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

If you have the trial versions already installed then all you need to do is enter the serial number when you open the program. No need to remove and reload.

One thing, I think the trial version of CS5 is actually CS5 Extended. If you didn't buy the extended version then you should just remove it. You can remove it by going into the Applications Folder, open up the CS5 folder, and use the Uninstall tool. Then you can either load CS5 from your disks or just register on the Adobe website and then download and activate with your serial number. After that open CS5 go to Help and click on Updates to get the latest updates... Even though CS5 was downloaded it still needs to be updated.

That should do it. My version of CS5 was downloaded and updated as described above.