NES Emulator any good

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by djstarrock, Nov 20, 2007.

1. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Hi, I was just wondering if the NES Emulator for the touch is any good e.g. any lag, glitches.

2. verbalist macrumors member

real nice emulator just wish the controller was bigger well just the d pad cuase i always hit down when trying to go right u get used to it though

3. RollTide macrumors 6502

RollTide

Yeah I do the same thing, down instead of right. But like you said it does get easier. Made my already awesome touch even awesomer.

4. ohio state fan macrumors member

go ahead and give it a try I think it is really entertaining. And if you like it I would consider getting the GBA emulator (gpsphone) which is even runner in my opinion.

5. GrimmGreen macrumors regular

i have it with Rampage and Paperboy , just to show people " hey i have Rampage and Paperboy on my iPod Touch" , but i never really play them

6. mmfy macrumors regular

tried it today - that is the only problem - the D pad is very small even in landscape...but it's sweet!

7. ks-man macrumors 6502a

The lack of actual firm buttons make it very difficult to play most games. It is very good for strategy games and RPGs where you have time to do the action.

8. goldypoker macrumors member

IMHO....the NES emu is virtually unplayable, especially in landscape mode.
    While some statagy games are Ok, anything else isnt really worth the effort, I ended up deleting it....and I wanted to like it bad!

The GBA emu, however, is a much better effort. Although the play screen is smaller, the controls are much larger, making for a better gaming experience. I won't get into the GBA vs NES graphics debate, but it should be obvious where the eye candy is.

Just compare playing any NES Mario game on the NES emu vs. SMW2 on the GBA emu, that will settle any comparative concerns you may have......