Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbuchananlv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
I have the NES emulator. And have downloaded the Roms through the various "source" sites like 123locker.com. They download, however never show up when I click on the emulator. So, I finally went the SSH route and was gonna manually do it through Cyberduck, and when i got in there, I noticed the roms WERE IN FACT there.

I have BSD subsystem, a jailbroken 1.1.4 Iphone, with Summerboard, the whole nine yards. Everything works, just cant get these damn Roms going.

Any suggestions?

Help is appreciated. I also have heard there are other game modules to go after. Like GBA and SNES. If anyone thinks this is a better way to go, could you respond with the best way to go that.

Thanks.

jbuchananlv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
A little more specific....?

Not sure how or what that means. Being that they are already in that "var/...." location, is this just some setting?

Please, any suggestion on how I go about it?

Thanks for the reply.

ajl917

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2007
Make sure they are in /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES and make sure the .nes files are set to 0755....

jbuchananlv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Still having trouble...

So here is what I did.

Started from scratch. Deleted all the Roms that we in there through SSH (cyberduck) and then uninstalled the NES emulator from installer.

Went back and installed the emulater, downloaded a couple fresh .nes files from one of the site, made the new folder "NES" in the "ROMs" folder, copied those new ones over, and its didnt work.

I looked into what the two above me said, and when i click on one of the .nes files in cyberduck, i can look into its "info". On the bottom, it has something that concerns "permissions" and this is what im looking at...

Owner Read Write Execute
Group "" "" ""
Others "" "" ""

Each has a check mark, if all are checked it gives me permission "777". To get to permission 775 like they suggested above, i have to only uncheck the "others/write" box.

Whatever combinations I have tried, i just cant get the damn game to show up in my emulator. Any suggestions guys/gals?

Thanks

jbuchananlv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Still just isnt working...

Im telling you, I followed that guide verbtium.

And its really not the fact that I can get all the Roms into the right place. The NES Emulator just refuses to ever find them. Ive been in SSH cyberduck for hours, tried putting them different places, the right places, and tried those permissions. It just wont find them on my Iphone.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Also, if i cant do NES, what about trying SNES, or GBA. Seems like GBA doesnt have nearly as good of games and as many as NES.

Any help guys?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.