nes4iphone...?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bw1128, Aug 2, 2010.

1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

how do i get the games for it??? can not figure this out.... i know i know, im a newbie.

2. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

You need to SSH them onto your phone or download packages with the ROMs to get games.
    I would suggest youtube for tutorials o this, there are some surprisingly helpful videos.
    I would suggest a search for: nes4iphone roms install

3. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

remember im new at this, what does ssh mean and how do you do that?

what do you think the easiest way to do it for a begginner? i promise i will get the hang of this soon.

4. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

All good man
    Just to be clear, you get what a ROM is right?
    snes4iphone is an emulator that can play roms. If you dont understand the terminology I suggest googling.

SSH allows for you to connect to your phones internal files over Wifi via rooting.
    You need to install SSH on your phone from cydia and get a program like WinSCP(Windows) or Cyberduck(Mac), to get it working. If you just want to put them on via USB connection, i hear iFunbox works.
    To find the ROMs i would google aswell, be carefull for viruses.

OR you could bypass all of that and find a package of ROMs on cydia for free that go right in. But then you will have a lot of games you dont want.

Seriously though, youtube is your friend on this. You can find all this info in nice tidy video formats there.

5. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

so i got the roms, well some, like 60 something. how do i get more? also, they seem to be incredible slow and glitchy. is that how its it or is there something wrong?

6. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

You are running a super nintendo OS on an iPhone after being converted, its going to be slow. If the app has a frameskip i would suggest trying it out.

You can get the rest by donwloading them form various sources and SShing them onto your phone