Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
I wasn't sure where this went so feel free to move and reprimand me! ;-)

I have the Apple-endorsed Nest thermostat and it stopped working last night. I called their support and the guy had a real time view of all my connected wires. It was really cool. He had me move a wire and I got my heat back. He told me I must have had a terminal go bad. He offered to send me a brand new unit under warranty so I figured why not. So, I'm getting a 2nd get Nest! I can't praise their support enough. All companies should be like that.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I wasn't sure where this went so feel free to move and reprimand me! ;-)

I have the Apple-endorsed Nest thermostat and it stopped working last night. I called their support and the guy had a real time view of all my connected wires. It was really cool. He had me move a wire and I got my heat back. He told me I must have had a terminal go bad. He offered to send me a brand new unit under warranty so I figured why not. So, I'm getting a 2nd get Nest! I can't praise their support enough. All companies should be like that.

I'm happy that Nest's technical support proved as helpful as they did.

What's notable, I think, is that good customer service/technical support is notable.

Too bad it's not the norm...but it seems that it's not.

Kudos to Nest.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
Yeah I already got an email covering what've talked about in the support call, what to do with the unit I have and ship notification for my new one. I haven't had a better tech support experience in a long time. Now that I look back, I think I touched it and a static discharge might be what damaged it. Anyways, the cool thing is they got it working and already sent me a new one. I can't recommend Nest high enough. I also recommend they're concierge installation if you don't want to fuss.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.