Nest is the best!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by patseguin, Dec 27, 2013.

1. patseguin macrumors 65816

Aug 28, 2003
    I wasn't sure where this went so feel free to move and reprimand me! ;-)

I have the Apple-endorsed Nest thermostat and it stopped working last night. I called their support and the guy had a real time view of all my connected wires. It was really cool. He had me move a wire and I got my heat back. He told me I must have had a terminal go bad. He offered to send me a brand new unit under warranty so I figured why not. So, I'm getting a 2nd get Nest! I can't praise their support enough. All companies should be like that.
  2. Shrink macrumors G3

Feb 26, 2011
    New England, USA
    I'm happy that Nest's technical support proved as helpful as they did.

What's notable, I think, is that good customer service/technical support is notable.

Too bad it's not the norm...but it seems that it's not.

Kudos to Nest.
  3. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

Sep 12, 2012
    Looking forward to being a future customer of theirs. Glad to hear your experience was great.
  4. patseguin thread starter macrumors 65816

Aug 28, 2003
    Yeah I already got an email covering what've talked about in the support call, what to do with the unit I have and ship notification for my new one. I haven't had a better tech support experience in a long time. Now that I look back, I think I touched it and a static discharge might be what damaged it. Anyways, the cool thing is they got it working and already sent me a new one. I can't recommend Nest high enough. I also recommend they're concierge installation if you don't want to fuss.