Nest

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Crosspjc, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Crosspjc macrumors member

Anyone else annoyed that yesterdays NEST announcement and todays app update did not include:

a) Apple Watch support
    b) Homekit support

Come on Google play nice with Apple.

2. ivandr macrumors regular

You hit the nail on the head. Its a company owned by Google... they aren't in a rush to develop compatibility for a competitors home automation/integration platform.

3. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

Buy the THESSA app. It originally was to add a nest widget to IOS, but they have an Apple watch app too.

4. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

I use the Drip app to get my dropcam feed on the Apple Watch. I enabled the glances function and I can quickly view the camera feed whenever I want. It did cost a little more than I wanted to spend, but we use our dropcam as a baby monitor and having the feed accessible on my watch has been invaluable.

5. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I got 4 Nest thermostats and it does not surprise me that Google did not include support.

I would have never bought the Nest thermostats if Google owned them at that time.

7. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

I have stopped purchasing all Nest products until they show me they still have a commitment to the Apple ecosystem. There aren't really any viable competitors on the market except maybe Ecobee, so I am not replacing anything, but I am likely to steer away from Nest in the future.

8. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

THIS! I was upset when nosey google bought them out.... they've gone downhill since!

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I, too, am looking but see not good replacements for my thermostats OR my DropCams that I use at both home and office

10. Bigdog9586 macrumors regular

Look at the Ecobee3. Great thermostat and besides the app the Windows version is outstanding.

11. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Will do.

12. paulgandersman macrumors regular

Nest doesn't even have an app for Google Watches. No way they're gonna have a watchOS app before that. :/

13. Bigdog9586 macrumors regular