Nest

Crosspjc

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2015
Anyone else annoyed that yesterdays NEST announcement and todays app update did not include:

a) Apple Watch support
b) Homekit support

Come on Google play nice with Apple.

Reactions: caligurl

ivandr

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
Anyone else annoyed that yesterdays NEST announcement and todays app update did not include:

a) Apple Watch support
b) Homekit support

Come on Google play nice with Apple.
You hit the nail on the head. Its a company owned by Google... they aren't in a rush to develop compatibility for a competitors home automation/integration platform.

ericg301

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
Buy the THESSA app. It originally was to add a nest widget to IOS, but they have an Apple watch app too.

bigred7078

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2010
USA
I use the Drip app to get my dropcam feed on the Apple Watch. I enabled the glances function and I can quickly view the camera feed whenever I want. It did cost a little more than I wanted to spend, but we use our dropcam as a baby monitor and having the feed accessible on my watch has been invaluable.

Squid7085

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I have stopped purchasing all Nest products until they show me they still have a commitment to the Apple ecosystem. There aren't really any viable competitors on the market except maybe Ecobee, so I am not replacing anything, but I am likely to steer away from Nest in the future.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I have stopped purchasing all Nest products until they show me they still have a commitment to the Apple ecosystem. There aren't really any viable competitors on the market except maybe Ecobee, so I am not replacing anything, but I am likely to steer away from Nest in the future.
I, too, am looking but see not good replacements for my thermostats OR my DropCams that I use at both home and office