Net connection problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JayCee0078, Dec 18, 2007.

1. JayCee0078 macrumors newbie

*sigh* First of all, it's hard to really fix anything with a migraine, but I'm stubborn, and the possibility of any type of security risks has me going.

I have a macBook Pro, bought in Feb. I'm using At&t/Yahoo! Highspeed internet connection (DSL/WIRELESS/ETHERNET)

My laptop was fine yesterday. But after frantically looking around, I found out that "Block-pop-up windows" had been unchecked...oh! just discovered that it unchecked itself somehow... :confused:

Okay, every time I try to get onto either Safari or Firefox and go to any site, I keep getting this fishy Comcast site. On it it says welcome to comcast, yada-yada, this installation process will take a few minutes...there's two bottons to click, one says 'I am a customer", the other says "I am a technician". It looks legit, but I never wanted comcast in the first place nor did I download anything from Comcast. Why would I? I already have net connection.

It won't even let me log-in to my messenger, nor iTunes radio...

I don't know what else to do. Even when I try to get on Yahoo, it takes me directly to this site. Something just doesn't seem right, but to me it's apparent that something was downloaded onto my laptop to get me to give my personal info. What do I do to make this go away? :(

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

sounds like youve picked up a wireless comcast signal that you have to pay for and your not connected to your wireless DSL network. open the airport menu in the menu bar and check which wireless network your connected to. is comcast ticked or anything? change it back to your wireless network.

3. JayCee0078 thread starter macrumors newbie

i've check everything and everywhere, there's nothing that comes up about Comcast. Everything is connected i just can't seem to get past this thing. :eek:

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

are there any DNS servers listed in system preferences->network->advanced->DNS?

5. JayCee0078 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, i told you I was stubborn, i managed to fix it somehow... a ha ha :cool: i am still a bit new to mac, but since I've discovered this forum and finished the Fall school semester, i'm going to really hunker down and become more familiarized with mac.

Thank you rickthomas for you time. ;)

As to your question, no there weren't any.

6. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

howd you fix it? i never heard of this problem before. it would be good to know.