Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ptit

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2011
moon
OK so i looked around and its not just me, there has been vague information on this app which is suspiciously free yet no one can change the default password.

can anyone elaborate on this further?

SkyStudios

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Based in Chicago
OK so i looked around and its not just me, there has been vague information on this app which is suspiciously free yet no one can change the default password.

no one knows still, i sold the ipad and got a new one but really, no one here admits these apps are scams to perversely spy on people

i wanted to tell you that its the only way to rid of this app, unless you upgrade to ios5

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona

You can change the default password with an app like Mobile Terminal (from Cydia) or SSH Terminal (from the App Store). There are two default passwords that should be changed, one for the 'root' user and one for the 'mobile' user.

SkyStudios

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Based in Chicago
You can change the default password with an app like Mobile Terminal (from Cydia) or SSH Terminal (from the App Store). There are two default passwords that should be changed, one for the 'root' user and one for the 'mobile' user.
lol

its a scam, you know it and i know it, only a criminal would think like this,

lets see, a developer offers a free app with out a step by step how to change the password or warning that the developer has the same password and the user needs SSH Terminal knowledge., only criminals think like this, its called fishing access to peoples devices., sort of legal at first but then arguably illegal based on the developers abuse if accessed the device directly or indirectly

only criminals want access to personal data, which is very important for the public to know, you have corporate crimes where information can help them isolate what rivals are doing, stalkers, rapists, murders, assassins, politically motivated crimes, political cover up of crimes, regardless of wikileeks already exposing war crimes where sooner or later treason will be charged, the list goes on, the nature of accessing one's device is a crime period, moral or not.

Last edited:

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
lol

lets see, a developer offers a free app with out a step by step how to change the password or warning that the developer has the same password and the user needs SSH Terminal knowledge., only criminals think like this, its called fishing access to peoples devices., sort of legal at first but then arguably illegal based on the developers abuse if accessed the device directly or indirectly

only criminals want access to personal data, which is very important for the public to know, you have corporate crimes where information can help them isolate what rivals are doing, stalkers, rapists, murders, assassins, politically motivated crimes, political cover up of crimes, regardless of wikileeks already exposing war crimes where sooner or later treason will be charged, the list goes on, the nature of accessing one's device is a crime period, moral or not.

All I can say is...wow! Don't even know how to respond to that and won't even bother trying.

Netatalk is not an app, it is a networking protocol that allows you to connect to your iPad from a PC or Mac over a local network. If you don't know the steps to make it secure then you have no business installing it in the first place.

shotts56

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2008
Scotland
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

SkyStudios said:
lol

So how was the moon landing for you ? Fake?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.